DOST - ASTHRDP SCHOLARSHIP
Accelerated Science and Technology Human Resource Development Program
The Department of Science and Technology—Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) announces the availability of scholarships for qualified males and females to pursue Master’s and Doctoral programs in priority S&T areas through the implementation of the Accelerated Science and Technology Human Resource Development Program (ASTHRDP).
To help improve the country’s global competitiveness and capability to innovate through Science and Technology (S&T).
To accelerate the production of high-level human resources needed for Research & Development (R&D) in S&T.
Types of Scholarship:
Straight PhD Program
DOST-ASTHRDP Graduate Scholarship is now accepting applicants for 2nd sem AY2022-2023
Extended Application until December 07, 2022
Join our Facebook Groups!
Official Facebook group for Scholars only (private): https://www.facebook.com/groups/updasthrdpnsc
Official Facebook page for Scholars and interested Applicants (public): https://www.facebook.com/UPD.dost.asthrdp.nsc
Criteria for Eligibility
An applicant must:
- be a Filipino citizen;
- not be more than 50 years old at the time of application;
- be in good health condition;
- pass the admission requirements for graduate studies at any of the NSC member-universities and;
- pass the interview and other screening procedures.
Priority areas for Thesis/Dissertation
Scholars are encouraged to choose topics for their thesis/dissertation along the following areas:
Climate Change and Disaster Preparedness
Materials Science and Nanotechnology
Natural Products and Drug Development
4-year Straight-PhD Program: MS stipend rate during 1st year.
One (1) actual economy class round trip fare per Academic Year; given only to those who study outside their home province.
Must be applied by the scholar, subject to evaluation and approval. Grant approved is subject to liquidation.
The stipends in the remaining months of scholarship period shall be given to a scholar who completes his/her degree earlier than the prescribed period of his/her study.
Terms of Scholarship
The scholarship award shall be for full-time graduate studies to ensure on time completion of a MS/PhD degree in any of the DOST identified priority fields.
The scholar must not be employed or practicing his/her profession while on scholarship; he/she must secure approval for official leave of absence, if employed.
The awardee shall execute a Scholarship Agreement with DOST-SEI.
The academic performance of the scholar shall be evaluated every school term based on established policies to determine his/her scholarship status.
The scholar shall be required to render service obligation in the Philippines after he/she finishes the MS/PhD degree, i.e. one year service for every year of scholarship.
The scholar shall be required to refund the scholarship grant with interest for non-completion of his/her graduate program or failure to comply with the service obligation.
Priority Courses Offered
Check the list of offered graduate degree programs from the different institutes.
Institute of Environmental Sciences and Meteorology (IESM)
Marine Science Institute (MSI)
Materials Science and Engineering Program (MSEP)
National Institute of Geological Sciences (NIGS)
National Institute of Microbiology and Biotechnology (NIMBB)
National Institute of Physics (NIP)
Application & Enrollment
Submit the application form, required documents, and recommendation form in one (1) file here
1. Accomplished ASTHRDP-NSC Information Sheet / Application Form which can be downloaded at www.sei.dost.gov.ph or thru the websites of the NSC member- universities;
2. Birth Certificate (Photocopy);
3. Certified True Copy of the Official Transcript of Records;
4. Endorsement from:
Two former professors in college
Two former professors in the Master’s program
5. If employed, recommendation from head of agency and permission from head of agency to take a leave of absence while on scholarship or proof of resignation or termination of contract;
6. Medical Certificate stating that applicant is of good health condition and fit to study from a licensed physician with his/her PRC license number indicated;
7. Valid NBI Clearance;
8. Letter of Admission with Regular status from the Program Head of the accepting institution which should include the evaluation sheet and;
9. Approved Program of Study.
Additional Requirements for Lateral Applicants
Certification from university indicating the following:
- number of graduate units required in the program
- number of graduate units earned with corresponding grades
Accomplished application form and other documentary requirements may be submitted through e-mail to the Office of the ASTHRDP Project Leader of the desired NSC member-university on or before the deadline.
Hard copies of the same must be sent through mail.
Please scan all documents before mailing them.
For New Scholars:
Answer this google form
1. Tution fee reimbursement – submit a copy of FORM5
2. Late registration – wait for tagging
3. If you plan to defer scholarship for 1-sem; Deferment form
4. If you plan not to avail the scholarship; Submit a justification letter here
Extension of scholarship (first A.Y. request)
Dropping of subject/coursework
Change / Revision of Program of Study
Underload with Full financial assistance
SRSF Dissemination (Local & International)
Liquidation report – SRSF Research / Dissemination
Personal Accident form
Certification of receipts not requiring receipts
*2 – SRSF Mentor’s fee (*for on time graduates only)
Contact DOST-ASTHRDP Staff
*1 – Upon submission of requirements for the remaining 10% thesis/dissertation allowance.
*2 – If the scholar graduated on time, he/she may request for SRSF Mentor’s fee. Just submit a request letter pertaining to the request.
JOSETTE T. BIYO, PhD
Director - DOST-SEI
GIOVANNI A. TAPANG, PhD
Dean, College of Science
Project Leader UP Diliman, DOST-ASTHRDP
College of Science DOST-ASTHRDP Staff:
Jan Lou B. Betoy
Carmina P. Baylon
Yna Kristina G. Aviera
Mark Lester C. Galicia
Should you have questions or concerns, please contact us:
Telephone: 8981-8500 local 3803
Join our Facebook Groups!
1. Official Facebook group for Scholars only (private)
2. Official Facebook page for Scholars and interested Applicants (public)