REVISED LETTER TO THE GRADUATES
Dear Candidates for Graduation/UP Diliman Class of 2020,
Year 2020 marks UP Diliman’s 109th Commencement. While we cannot have the usual in-person ceremony due to the coronavirus pandemic, on Sunday, 26 July 2020, we will come together virtually to honor you and to confer your hard-earned titles. It is in this light that we are enjoining the candidates of the UPD Class of 2020 to contribute photographs and short videos to make this day a most meaningful and unforgettable celebration.
The instructions for the submission of your photographs and video are as follows:
| NB: Submission is voluntary. Some photos/videos may or may not be included in the video collage.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: July 13, 2020 to give the editor and artist enough time to create the video presentation.
1. A photograph in Filipiniana (can be a solo photo; you can also be accompanied by your parent/s, your bff, partner, wife, husband, kids or anyone you wish to include); if a Filipiniana is unavailable, a plain or ecru-colored formal clothes will do)
2. A. photograph in Filipiniana/plain or ecru-colored formal clothes wearing the sablay (can be a solo photo; you can also be accompanied by your parent/s, bff, partner, wife, husband, kids or anyone you wish to include); If sablay is unavailable, you may improvise as long as it has resemblance to the UP colors.
3. A photograph representing a significant moment as a student.
4. Your best photo representing your coping mechanism/s during the quarantine period.
NB: Bust shot/landscape (no portrait photos please) or please take note of the ATTACHED VIDEO (SABLAY REFERENCE) as example in the Google form.
3 Short Videos:
1. A video shifting your sablay from being a student to being a graduate of UP Diliman (any background)
2. A video of you in the middle of the frame catching any Tatak UP item (i.e. a shirt, a cap, a UP notebook, a UP bluebook etc.. ) thrown at you from off camera. You may also pick it up from the floor. Then throw or drop the Tatak UP item towards any direction ( floor, side, above, towards the camera). This video tries to capture the spirit of celebration.
3. A video of the graduating student in his/her Sablay ( Sablay must be on the LEFT shoulder, with the band slightly below the shoulder) reciting the UP Alumni Oath with their right hand raised. Please see below.
UP ALUMNI OATH:
“Taos puso akong nanunumpa na isasakatuparan ko ng buong husay, katapatan at walang pagiimbot ang mga tungkuling nakaatang sa akin bilang kasapi ng samahan ng mga nagsipagtapos sa Unibersidad ng Pilipinas. Ipagtatanggol ko at ipaglalaban ang kapakanan ng unibersidad na aking pinagtapusan, ang Unibersidad ng Pilipinas, at ipinapangako ko na magiging matapat na nagtapos sa unibersidad na ito sa lahat ng pagkakataon, kaya tulungan nawa ako ng Diyos.”
NB: Please see ATTACHED VIDEO (PASS THE ITEM) as an example in the Google form.
Please submit your photographs and video here or to the link below:
Please submit your photographs and video to this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeg-CfnnNKG_jMDzYmBjF-3D_28xcDHJXhfBx-p-qzOguL2XA/viewform?usp=sf_link
Again, CONGRATULATIONS! Mabuhay ang mga pag-asa ng bayan!
We look forward to your prompt submission of your photo/video contribution! Let us work together to make July 26, 2020 truly a day to remember!
Kindly wait for further announcement on the details of the Virtual Commencement.
UPD Commencement 2020 Team